Unless you’ve been living under a rock you are well aware that acai bowls are the thing to be eating right now – so fresh, so healthy, so trendy. You will also know that if you are in the habit of eating acai bowls, your bank account has taken the hit. Today, we can put our DIY pants on and make a berry smoothie bowl that is so simple and delicious, you won’t feel the need to run out and buy an acai bowl ever again.
What you’ll need:
- 1 banana, frozen (peel the banana before freezing)
- 1 cup frozen berries (we used blueberries here but if you want to stick to the original you can use frozen acai!)
Toppings – you can really use whatever you like – that’s the best part! Here are some suggestions:
- Banana chips
- Almonds or other nuts
- Fresh or frozen berries
- Unsweetened shredded coconut
- Natural peanut butter
- Chia Seeds
- Flax seed
What you’ll do:
- Add the frozen banana and berries to a blender. Add about a 1/4 cup of water – start with half the water first and blend, add more if needed. You want the mixture to be very thick – it could take a bit to blend.
- Once smooth, pour the smoothie mixture into a bowl. Top with your choice of toppings and enjoy!