Los Angeles based interior designer, Dee Murphy of Murphy Deesign, is known for her eclectic, colorful style and use of bold colors and bright patterns. In her bedroom makeover, she used our Marceline Rug to make a statement.
1. If you had to describe your style in 3 words, what would they be?
Colorful, eclectic, collected.
2. When designing a space, what elements must every room have?
A cohesive story (done through color, pattern, and well placed design elements). I believe in the power of the perfect rug (many times I’ll start my entire design process there). And finally… you must have great lighting (lighting is the jewelry you put on to finish off an amazing outfit… in fact… it MAKES the outfit!)
3. If you could offer just one piece of advice to someone who is just starting out in their decorating process, what would it be?
Take a deep breath and don’t fall into the trap of “fast food design”. Homes take time. They need to be lived in. I think we feel pressured to get things done quickly because that’s how our society currently works, but I am so happy I didn’t make some of the design decisions I was going to make right when we first bought our home. I waited, I lived, I collected… and then I made better decisions!
4. What are your favorite accounts to follow on Instagram for inspo?
5. What is your biggest decor pet peeve?
Curtains that are too short in length!