Creating a gallery wall in your home is such a unique and creative way to show of your personality and to showcase art and photos that mean a lot to you. We’ve enlisted the help of Katherine Schwarzenegger to run us through some of her tips on how to curate and hang the perfect gallery wall. Scroll below to shop Katherine’s exclusive Lucky Series with Lulu & Georgia.
What you’ll need:
Roll of Paper
Hooks & Nails
How to choose the art:
- Anchor gallery wall with 1-2 large pieces. Make sure you off-center the large piece so there is no true focal point. We chose this awesome Gray Malin photograph and this glam mirror from Lulu & Georgia.
- Choose a color story. Here we use gold and pink as a unifying theme.
- Play with scale. Vary the sizes and orientation of the art. Don’t forget about the tiny pieces and three dimensional objects.
- Keep at least 1.5-3” between each piece of art
- Allow at least 6-7” of space between the couch and first frame
- Use 2 or 3 styles of frames. Here we use white and gold frames.
- Use different mediums of art. We used photography, prints, cards, and even framed gift-wrap!
How to hang the gallery wall:
- Compose the artwork on the ground to determine your desired composition
- Create paper cutouts of the frames: lay your frames out on paper, trace around the outside, and cut out the shapes. Make sure to note which cutout goes to each frame.
- Locate hook location. Hold wire taught and measure from top edge to center point of the wire. Make a mark on the cutout where the hook catches the wire.
- Tape cutouts to the wall with painters tape mimicking the arrangement on the floor
- Hammer hooks in where indicated on paper, remove cutouts, and hang frames.
SHOP THE LUCKY SERIES: